Conducting scientific conferences with the presence of specialists. Diagnosing and tracking patients with inflammatory bowel disease to gain useful health information for physicians and health system staff. Schedule of the conferences is announced in website.
Provide a collection of the latest articles and books related to the activities of the clinic for physicians involved in the medical and diagnostic processes of the affected patients and anyone who is interested in medical field.
It is possible for physicians and health professionals to contact with our specialized advisers through the Clinic's website if they need guidance to manage patients with inflammatory bowel disease or any other question. To use these features you must first register at the clinic web site.
In order to obtain comprehensive and consistent information on patients with inflammatory bowel disease, research approach is one of the essential components of IBD clinic.
Main goals of IBD clinic are:
- Implementation of a comprehensive plan for the registration and monitoring of inflammatory bowel disease in province.
- Extraction of epidemiological characteristics of inflammatory bowel disease in province (incidence, burden, risk factors, outcomes of disease and quality of life)
- Cohort study and follow up of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Implementation of clinical trial research projects to achieve effective treatment methods for the control and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Development and implementation of basic and genetic studies in the field of diagnosis and new treatments in patients.
- Implementation of population interventions to control and reduce the complications of inflammatory bowel disease and determine the effectiveness of interventions in target communities.
- Collection and analysis of diagnostic, treatment and follow up data from patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) to develop local clinical guidelines.
A group of specialists from gastroenterology, internal medicine and basic science (pathology/ genetics/ molecular medicine) get together to achieve and maintain research goals in Poursina Hakim.
Access to a well-equipped and specialized laboratory is also provided for researchers in Poursina Hakim to conduct their research projects.
The scientific and operational advisers from the Professors of University of Medical Sciences support the IBD team on their way to achieving their goals.